- To: fedora-announce-list redhat com, fedora-olpc-list redhat com, fedora-education-list redhat com, iaep lists sugarlabs org
- Subject: Announcing Fedora Sugar Spin!
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 22:33:12 +0100
Hi everybody,I'm proud to be announce the availability of our Fedora Sugar Spin, which incorporates the Sugar Desktop Environment on a Fedora Live CD. So, what is this in specific? With this spin, you'll be able to run Sugar, which is developed by Sugarlabs and the desktop environment used on the OLPC, directly from a Live CD! You'll find several activities on the image including most notably...
* sugar-browse - a web browsing activity based on xulrunnerWe, the OLPC SIG, will be importing further activities into Fedora, which might be installed using 'yum install sugar-*' at a later time.
* sugar-write - a word processor based on abiword
...among with several other applications introducing e.g. chat support.
Where can you get it? Easily, here:And what if you wanted to put it quickly onto your USB Key? Even easier! You'll just need to grab Luke Macken's liveusb-creator, which already includes support for the Sugar Spin. Here's the link:
Here's the SHA1 checksum, just if you're interested:
Thank you everybody, who made this possible!
The above announcement means if you want to try OLPC Desktop Enviromentyou can try it through Fedora Live CD with Sugar Spin.