Microsoft kept attacking Open Source and questioning its quality as a matter of attack, and now we find it releasing Open Source, that after her alliance with Novell.
Details goes during the post, and I hope that people find and know that Open Source is not bad, and even MicroSoft is going for it now
CodePlex (an imitation to the name of Google Plex,Microsoft cant make something original) : http://www.codeplex.com/ h3r3
what is CodePlex read it h3r3
So, Please Micro$oft stop saying that Open Source is not the thing.
List of some of the projects there
- AJAX Control Toolkit - a collection of samples and components which make it easier than ever to build and consume rich client-side controls and extenders built on the Microsoft AJAX Library and ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions. The Toolkit provides both ready to go samples and a powerful SDK to simplify the creation and re-use of your own custom controls and extenders.
- BlogEngine.NET - a full featured blog engine targeted at .NET developers. It is light weight and very simple to modify and extend.
- SharpMap - an easy-to-use map rendering and display engine, including AJAX-powered ASP.Net UserControl and a WinForm 2.0 control. You supply it with GIS data for use in web and desktop applications, and it generates eye-catching, useful maps. Written in C# 2.0.
- VMukti P2P Multipoint Real-time Rich Media Collaboration Platform - Web2.0, distributed, peer-to-peer, grid computing, unified communications SAAS platform for web, phone, and IM rich media collaboration & conference. This Multipoint VoIP, VVoIP Video service delivery platform is based on C#, WPF, WCF, & .NET 3.5.
- GoTraxx - C# program that plays the game of Go.
- DocProject for Sandcastle - drives the Sandcastle help generation tools using the power of Visual Studio 2005/2008 and MSBuild. Choose from various project templates that build compiled help 1.x or 2.x for all project references. DocProject facilitates the administration and development of project documentation with Sandcastle, allowing you to use the integrated tools of Visual Studio to customize Sandcastle's output.
- IronPython - a new implementation of the Python programming language on the .NET Framework. It supports an interactive interpreter with fully dynamic compilation. It is well integrated with the rest of the framework and makes all .NET libraries easily available to Python programmers.
- umbraco - a Content Management Platform (CMS) written in c# on the Microsoft .NET platform. It's fast, flexible and with a user interface that makes it a charm to use.
- Coding4Fun Developer Kit - a collection of components, controls and samples in both Visual Basic and Visual C#. The features of the kit include a single installation file that provides users easy access off the Windows Start Menu to the documentation, sample executables and source code; a toolbox entry within Visual Studio for all components and controls for easy drag 'n drop experience.
- Community Kit for SharePoint - a set of best practices, templates, Web Parts, tools, and source code that enables practically anyone to create a community website based on SharePoint technology for practically any group of people with a common interest.
- Facebook Developer Toolkit - the original Facebook Developer Toolkit for the Microsoft Visual Studio Express Team. This project contains .NET wrappers to the Facebook API. Also, includes sample projects and controls. We are going to start by trying to maintain both the vb.net and C# code bases.
- TheBeerHouse - CMS & e-commerce StarterKit, an ASP.NET 2.0 website which features a layout with user-selectable themes, a membership system, a content management system for publishing and syndicating articles and photos, polls, mailing lists, forums, an e-commerce store with support for real-time credit card processing, homepage personalization, localization and more.
- Vista Battery Saver - tinny program will save up to 70% of your battery by disabling those nice, but greedy Vista features. Running in task bar with private workset of 5.5M and 0% CPU it will do all work for you, by enabling and disabling customizable features when power source changed or battery power fall under certain percent.
- Sandcastle Help File Builder - consists of a GUI front end that lets you interactively build help files using Sandcastle. A console mode version is also supplied that allows you to build help files as part of the normal project build. The GUI front end provides access to project settings that let you configure various aspects of the resulting help file including the ability to add additional content, build HTML Help 1, HTML Help 2, or website output.
- dashCommerce - a free, open source e-commerce storefront written specifically for ASP.NET 2.0. It features out-of-the-box product catalog and shopping cart functionality that allows website owners to setup, run, and maintain an online store with little or no costs, license fees, or limitations. dashCommerce offers .NET developers of all skill levels the ability to create an e-commerce site quickly and efficiently. The project is built in C# and takes advantage of features of the Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0. It also supports PayPal Website Payments Standard and Pro as the payment engine.
- PHP Excel 2007 classes - a set of classes for the PHP programming language, which allow you to write to Excel 2007 files and read from Excel 2007 files.
- Power Toys Pack Installer - one-stop download utility for all things power toys. Get latest releases and updates from just a single executable.
- ProMesh.NET Web Application Framework - a MVC-ready lightweight web application framework for .NET 2.0. It includes a full unit testing framework.
- Terminals - a multi tab terminal client to ease the work of anyone who needs to connect simultaneously to more then one terminal server/remote desktop.
Terminals uses Microsoft Terminal Services ActiveX.
- Vista Virtual Desktop Manager - A virtual desktop manager made for Windows Vista using the new thumbnail APIs to create a live preview of all of your desktops.
- DinnerNow.net - a fictitious marketplace where customers can order food from local restaurants for delivery to their home or office. This sample application is designed to demonstrate how you can develop a connected application using several new Microsoft technologies, including: IIS7, ASP.NET Ajax Extensions, Linq, Windows Communication Foundation, Windows Workflow Foundation, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Powershell, and the .NET Compact Framework.
- SQL Server Hosting Toolkit - A suite of tools designed to enable shared hosters to provide a great experience around hosted SQL Server.
- Ionics Isapi Rewrite Filter - a small, cheap, easy to use, URL rewriting ISAPI filter that combines a good price (free!) with good features. It is implemented in about 1700 lines of C code, works with IIS 5.x and 6, does regular-expression matching, rewriting, redirects, and RewriteCond. IIS7 will have a nice model for managed ISAPI, but IIRF is available now.
- PowerShell Community Extensions - provides a widely useful set of additional cmdlets, providers, aliases, filters, functions and scripts for Windows PowerShell that members of the community have expressed interest in but didn't make it into PowerShell v1.0. Examples of these cmdlets are Get-Clipboard, Out-Clipboard, Get-Hash, Get-ShortPath, Set-FileTime, New-SymLink, Format-Hex, Format-Xml, Test-Xml, Test-Assembly, Ping-Host, etc.
- QuickGraph 2.0 - provides generic directed graph datastructures and algorithms for them. It also comes with algorithms such as depth first seach, breath first search, shortest path, network flow etc...
- SharePoint 2007 Features - add new functionality to a SharePoint 2007 farm, site collection, or site. This project will create Features to address deficiencies in SharePoint 2007 or add new capabilities. You should understand a little about Features before trying these out. The packages here use batch files or WSP files to install the Features. After installation, be sure to activate the Features to see them in SharePoint.
- iTunes 2.0 - an online rich internet application. Using ajax.asp.net and silverlight im going to bring the iTunes experience completely online.
- Facebook.NET - a framework for creating Facebook applications in .NET. It is optimized for creating ASP.NET-based Facebook applications.
- ASP.NET RSS Toolkit - gives ASP.Net applications the ability to consume and publish to RSS feeds.
- BDCToolkit - The MOSS BDC & DAL generator is a tool that generates typed webservices and a typed c# data access layer from an BDC application definition. It also ensures that the code that has been generated is used on the correct application definition.
- DbEntry.Net - a lightweight Object Relational Mapping (ORM) database access compnent for .Net 2.0. By using Generics and Anonymous Method, it has clearly and easily programing interface. It based on ADO.NET, and supported C#, Visual Basic, ASP.NET, Access, SqlServer, MySql and SQLite etc...
- System Search to LinQ - create a LinQ extension to interact with the new functionality of desktop search using de advantages of the elegant and efficient programming model introduced by C# 3.0
- D.NET (DDotNet) - a "Development for .NET" framework, created to help all developers to create a better applications. Contains a implementation of ORM (Object Relational Mapping) framework with Business Objects Framework and other components.
- TFSBuildLab - simplify the day to day operations when using automated builds and Team System.
- Blind Shark - a musical game, where you have to find the music being played before your opponents.
- Balder - A 3D game engine for Silverlight and possibly other .net based technologies.
- Elephant Game Framework - a small Game Framework, currently set with a focus on game development through Microsoft XNA.
- PoshConsole - a more modern PowerShell Console.