R1Soft CDP Server and Agent Installation on Debian

If you are installing "buagent" on Linux specially Debian and you had a problem with the installation specially in adding the backup driver to kernel modules

Please do the following to have R1Soft CDP Server agent "buagent" working
1) I removed the Kernel Source Folder
2) re-extracted the Kernel Source
3) I ran make config
4) I ran make
5) Now, I know that I have the needed files for the agent to be inserted as a kernel Module
6) I ran the Agent installation files, and PINGO it works

Although, it is not a security best practice to have even a c compiler on a production server that is internet facing, and it is even worse to have kernel header and source on that machine , but ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Access Pay sites without payment or authentication

116 Open Source Application that you can use

Complete HD Image Backup, Acronis Open Source alternate