Thailand Grid Computing Center

I visited Thailand Grid Computing Center, We have been introduced to the biggest Clusterin Thailand .

Link to Thai Grid Computing Center web site is here

I had the plesure to meet Prof. Dr. Putchong Uthayopas, the Director of Thai National Grid Center, I was astonished by the wealth of knowledge and hands on experience and the humbleness he has.

For the first time in my life , I hear an Aademic doctor talks about how it is important to facilitate the processing power to Academia and how he treats them as customers , and how much he cares about making things happen and then do the paper work, This is a great spirit.

I have been through HPC business before and I had a cluster of 30 AMD Itanium servers and I know how challenging to maintain such a cluster. - When i setup that cluster it was the biggest in the Arab world at 2004-.

I have seen a state of the art HPC , it has around 160 HP Xeon Servers and high performance network with very very low latency used for communication,processing in between grid members (that is another challenge for any one that maintains a Grid, as you need very low latency network , as the network here is the nerve of the whole cluster and a key of the performance and could be a performance hug.

The team in Thai Grid Center developed a very interesting Grid Management and monitoring application, which gives the status of all cluster nodes in sense of processing power and available memory plus the number of processes.

Pictures are below

Prof. Dr. Putchong Uthayopas

Sun Storage rack


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Access Pay sites without payment or authentication

116 Open Source Application that you can use

Complete HD Image Backup, Acronis Open Source alternate