Free and Open Source Software for Africa has a vacancy for Project Manager. Details are found on FOSSFA Site link is h3r3
and the details quoted from FOSSFA Web Site"
FOSSFA is looking for an enthusiastic African, currently living in Africa to serve the Foundation as Project Manager. Here are the Terms of Reference
Location for FOSSFA project Manager is preferably Accra, Ghana. Manager may however opt to work from his or her home base.
12 months of initial contract. Renewable
1. Provide management and support for all FOSSFA projects
2. Support administrative and logistical preparations towards Idlelo 5.
3. Ensure that meaningful benchmarks are established, tracked for each FOSSFA project and revised as appropriate
4. Implement and evaluate an action plan based on the approved strategic goals and opportunities.
5. Draft and present activity reports of FOSSFA projects and all received project monies
B. MANAGEMENT AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
1. Implement programs to fulfill the overall mission of FOSSFA.
2. Support secretariat in broadening and enriching FOSSFA?s relationships with members, the general public, and funders.
3. Represent FOSSFA at continental and global platforms, events and fora
4. Publish FOSSFA news regularly on www.fossfa.net
5. Implement the Newsletter ? FOSSFAR
C. COMMUNITY SUPPORT
1. Management of project volunteers within FOSSFA
2. Provide avenues for full and open communication and collaboration with the community at large and promote an awareness of the diverse and changing needs of the community.
3. Manage country capacity reinforcement programs
5. Facilitate collaboration and cooperation between FOSSFA and other organizations and leaders, to build a shared vision of how to address and solve issues related to FOSS in Africa .
1.Liaise with current and prospective FOSSFA financial partners
2.Cultivate ongoing relationships with supporters to ensure a reliable source of funding for immediate operations, as well as to expand FOSSFA?s asset and donor base.
3.Obtain funding for new FOSSFA projects
4.Seek out and respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP) on behalf of the Foundation
5.Market the organisation to donors whose goals are similar to those of FOSSFA
1.Project Management experience in the non-profit and/or technology sectors
2.Well-known and respected within at least one Open Source community
3.Experienced in raising funds for non-profit organizations
4.Effectively organized, highly-independent and self-motivated.
5.Knowledge of proposal writing and donor relations
1.Highly-organized self-starter with the ability to set, manage, and implement priorities.
2.High level of comfort with and passion for technology and Open Source
3.Able to listen well and build consensus from public discussions
4.Ability to understand and adapt to diverse African cultural backgrounds
5.Excellent oral and written English communication skills, with working knowledge of French, Arabic, or Portuguese.
6.Ability to work with Anglophone and Francophone Africa, and openess to the Arab and Portuguese speaking population.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
1.Bachelor degree is basic
2.Masters Degree is needed.
3.At least 5 years of professional experience in similar role
4.A track record in open source activism is required
1.Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
3.Application MUST contain 3 references
4.At least one reference MUST be a FOSSFA member (a complete list is on the website)
5.Application MUST state salary preference
6.Applications are receiveable until end of June 2010
REMUNERATION and Start of duty
1. FOSSFA Project Management position is a mid-professional level employment with an African nonprofit organisation.
2. FOSSFA shall not pay for any relocation and remuneration shall be a complete package
3. Project Manager shall be seated not later than September 1, 2010"